OpenSSH and PAM

--=-QATc+9pX9x6gWTSJWcco

On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 15:38, Ethan Benson wrote:
> unfortunatly you get to choose exploitable root hole or no properly
> working passwd expiration in ssh at this point. (passwds will expire
> and ssh will honor that by happily denying access, giving no
> opertunity to pick a new password).

I am well aware of the security hole. According to:=20
http://www.openssh.com/txt/preauth.adv -- I must have=20
ChallengeResponseAuthentication or PAMAuthenticationViaKbdInt enabled
for the hole to be exploited.=20
Are you suggesting I need both of these enabled in order to get password
expiry working correctly? -- well, I have already tried this with no
success.
I would like to see expiry work correctly. I can patch OpenSSH
accordingly and still keep 3.1p1.
--=20
Matt Miller
Systems Administrator