pam_mkhomedir doesn't work for su?

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 06:38:58PM -0700, Chen Min wrote:
> session     optional      /lib/security/pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel
> umask=0022
> session     required      /lib/security/pam_limits.so
> session     required      /lib/security/pam_unix.so
> session     optional      /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
>
>  pam_mkhomedire.so is added to create home directory for LDAP user. It works
> fine for ssh and console login, then I tried su
>         #su ppp
>         Creating directory '/home/ppp'.
> 	  $
>  Open /home directory, ppp isn't there. In order to get error message from
> pam_mkhomedire.so, change to
> session     optional      /lib/security/pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel
> umask=0022 debug
>
> it print out a message: unknown option, debug.

A peek at the source shows that it doesn't have a debug option, which
is pretty strange.

Are you using an automounter on /home?  If you configure syslog to log
debug messages (by adding a line "*.debug /var/log/debug" to
/etc/syslog.conf and restarting syslogd), do the logs indicate the
reason why it might have failed?

Nalin