[p2patent-developer] Community Patent Review Job Opening - Programmer

Tim O'Reilly and Andy Oram were kind enough to circulate this
yesterday.  I wanted to bring it to your attention so that you can,
please, forward to any programmer-friends.  A more technical job
description is available.  We're first and foremost looking for a
really top-notch coder with passion for social justice and a talent
with Ruby on Rails to add to our team.  There's a core group of
programmers already hard at work in San Francisco.  Hence we prefer
someone in the Bay Area.

Please feel free to forward.

Patent Reform Project Looking for RoR Help

By Tim O'Reilly on January 24, 2007

We don't normally broadcast job postings, but Andy Oram writes about
one that could be of interest to our audience:

The Community Patent Review (a phase of the better-known Peer to
Patent project) is seeking to hire a top-notch Ruby on Rails programmer.

This is not an ordinary job posting; it?s a chance to get paid for
public service. The project is developing software with the U.S.
Patent and Trademark Office, and is being closely watched in the UK
too. It implements a process to let experts in multiple fields to
submit prior art and other information related to patents.

This project has the potential to alleviate some of the problems
universally recognized with patents (particularly patents that should
have rejected because of prior art) and can serve as a model for
other projects that open up government to the public....

As a Rails programmer, job candidates are expected to handle basic
JavaScript, CSS, and Ajax work as well. Residency in San Francisco is
preferred....The creator and coordinator of the project is Beth
Simone Noveck, a New York Law School professor. If you?re interested,
please reach her at bnoveck (at domain) nyls.edu."

http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2007/01/patent_reform_p.html

http://www.oreillynet.com/onlamp/blog/2007/01/
patent_reform_project_hiring_a.html