[p2patent-developer] Using Triple Stores for Prior Art References and Metadata

On Nov 26, 2006, at 8:27 PM, Luis Villa wrote:

> Ah, that is good to hear- the one other question I had, but forgot to
> ask, was 'are other projects using any of these in production?' The
> triple stores seem like neat technology, but when I was a project
> manager, neat technology only won out if it was also neat technology
> with a large and dynamic community of users. That sort of thing tends
> to ensure that the technology stays focused, maintained, and useful,
> instead of wandering off. If others are using any of the triple store
> techs (like Mulgara), that should be a large factor in choosing that
> particular tech.

I am very pessimistic about the real world applicability of RDF
stores in todays content management systems.

I've written pretty extensively on this subject here:

http://zacker.org/semantic-web-research-isnt-working
http://zacker.org/the-battle-for-the-semantic-web-rdf-vs-xml

The only case I know first hand that attempted to use triple store
technology ended disastrously, the data-store technology was unusably
slow and the project lost funding and was scrapped.

-Zack