Re: Provider: cannot sign with ed25519-like key

Matt Caswell wrote in
 <15344cfb-ca5d-4413-b007-4481ea91ce5c@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
 |This is how EVP_DigestSign() is implemented:
 |
 |https://github.com/openssl/openssl/blob/21bcae6561d73e629f11e19975f24283\
 |559d36c0/crypto/evp/m_sigver.c#L579-L610
 |
 |As you can see from the above, what it does is first check for the
 |availability of a "digest_sign" function in the fetched signature
 |algorithm. If it exists it calls it. However, if it does not exist for

Users need a possibility to transparently gain knowledge of which
code path has to be taken.  I cannot transparently implement this,
i need to hardcode something.  (Yes, i did how i said in the past,
ie, trying to establish message-digest, and take the other code
path if that did not work, but whether that is the approach to do
it was only a guessing.)

This is at odds with what SSL_CONF_cmd() is trying to achieve (to
some extend, at least).

--steffen