Re: Provider: cannot sign with ed25519-like key

'Bernd Ritter' via openssl-users wrote in
 <0474896a-fe7f-4842-874f-d3592e4f906d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
 |Hello Tomas,
 |
 |thank you for your response! I am aware of that ED25519 only supports
 |the block operation. I also tried to implement that, but it seems to
 |only call the update variant. Is there a way to "enforce" the use of the
 |block operation in the provider? There seems to be a parameter for that,
 |but I could not find the correct usage of that.

EVP_DigestSignInit + EVP_DigestSign does that.
See Ed25519(7ssl) (it is *so* cool that the documentation has
become so much better!):

       The  PureEdDSA instances do not support the streaming mechanism of other
       signature  algorithms  using,  for  example,  EVP_DigestUpdate().    The
       message   to   sign   or  verify  must  be  passed  using  the  one‐shot
       EVP_DigestSign() and EVP_DigestVerify() functions.

*My* problem is that it does not seem automatizable, ie, you there
is no interface which says which way to go.  I had

  if(!EVP_DigestSignInit(mdcp->mdc_md_ctx, NIL, mdcp->mdc_md->md_md, NIL, kp->k_key) &&
     !EVP_DigestSignInit(mdcp->mdc_md_ctx, NIL, NIL, NIL, kp->k_key)){

which "does that" (at least today), but is hacky.

--steffen