Session Tickets in TLS1.3

Hi,

My client application is trying to connect to "www.pypi.org" using TLS1.3. As can be seen in the screenshot below, the server is sending the "New Session Ticket" before the client sends the CCS and Finished message.
According to the RFC, tickets are post handshake messages and should be sent by the server after it has received the Client Finished message (hope this still holds true).

session ticket.JPG

Because of this ordering, i can see that the openssl-1.1.1 is not processing the session ticket when the handshake is happening(I don't see a callback). I will have to notify openssl again after it is done processing the client finished or else the connection gets stuck.

Can you please shed some light on this behavior? Is this handled in later versions of openssl?

Thanks,
Anupama M