Re: API for Certificate checking without date checks

Hello,

there seems to be way to get what you want see openssl-verify(1)
manual page.  there are options which control how openssl treats
time fields when validates certificates:

       -attime timestamp
           Perform validation checks using time specified by timestamp and not
           current system time. timestamp is the number of seconds since
           January 1, 1970 (i.e., the Unix Epoch).

       -no_check_time
           This option suppresses checking the validity period of certificates
           and CRLs against the current time. If option -attime is used to
           specify a verification time, the check is not suppressed.

I think something like
    openssl verify -no_check_time ...
is the option you need to add to you 'verify' subcommand.

to do it in code just get idea from apps/verify.c
in openssl. It looks like you need to do something like:

    X509_STORE_set1_param *store;
    X509_VERIFY_PARAM *vpm = NULL;

    vpm = X509_VERIFY_PARAM_new();
    X509_VERIFY_PARAM_set_flags(vpm, X509_V_FLAG_NO_CHECK_TIME);

    store = X509_STORE_new();
    X509_STORE_set1_param(store, vpm);

more details can be found in verify_main() at apps/verify.c.

hope it helps
regards
sashan