Re: Should all threads call openssl_thread_stop()?

On Wed, Jan 17, 2024, 10:23 PM Dipak B <deepak.redmi2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thank you! Matt

Regards

On Wed, Jan 17, 2024, 1:55 PM Matt Caswell <matt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 17/01/2024 08:17, Dipak B wrote:
> Dear OSSL community members,
>
> When using openssl 3.x as statically linked library, should an
> application call OPENSSL_Thread_Stop() even inside non-OpenSSL threads?
>
> In other words if an application is statically linked to openssl,
> should it call openssl_Thread_stop() even for threads which are not all
> using openssl in any way?
>
> I did check code for same but could not conclude.

If a thread has not used OpenSSL in any way then there is no need to
call OPENSSL_thread_stop().

Matt

Hi Matt and community members,

Should the application which is statically linked to OpenSSL 3.x, call OpenSSL_Thread_Stop() for a thread that uses only crypto functionality from OpenSSL but not ssl ?

Please excuse my ignorance. Could not make out the details in usage of TLS.

Regards.