Re: Running a script with OpenSSL 3.0

On 19/10/2023 10:14, Martin Bonner via openssl-users wrote:
With OpenSSL 1.1.1, I could write something like:
$ echo version | /path/to/openssl

This runs openssl in "interactive" mode and runs the version command from that mode. That's quite a strange thing to do in a script.

The above is equivalent to the following non-interactive mode command:

openssl version

Interactive mode is no longer supported. Just run it non-interactively. That will also remove the "OpenSSL>" prompt.

Matt

And it would display
OpenSSL> OpenSSL 1.1.1g  21 Apr 2020
OpenSSL> $

(Where the final "$" is my bash prompt again.)  In an ideal world, it wouldn't display the "OpenSSL> " prompt like that, but that's not a big deal.

With OpenSSL 3.0, this no longer appears to work.  The output from the above command is identical to just "$ /path/to/openssl".

Am I doing something wrong, or does this functionality no longer work?
--
Martin Bonner (he/him)
Phone: +49 151 5046 3855

Any email and files/attachments transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If this message has been sent to you in error, you must not copy, distribute or disclose of the information it contains. Please notify Entrust immediately and delete the message from your system.