Re: Best way to have a system with openssl-1.1 and 3.0?

Hello Todd,

On Tue, Sep 05, 2023 at 02:17:05PM -0400, Todd Short wrote:
> And yes, having two different versions of libcurl pointing to two different versions of OpenSSL is another issue. You will need to do something similar with libcurl.so to swap between the different (OpenSSL) versions of libcurl, or build it along with your other project, or discover some way to explicitly specify the version of libcurl via a patch or configure option.

Unfortunately, it's two equal versions of libcurl pointing to two different
versions of OpenSSL. What I will try tomorrow is the following: Having one
version in /usr/curl_openssl1 and one in /usr/curl_openssl3. This way, the
library is not in a standard path of the loader as /usr/lib64 and the path
to the shared library used at compilation time should be preserved.

I wish there was a simpler solution but I can't think of any.

Regards,

Michael Brunnbauer

--
++  Michael Brunnbauer