Migrating to 3.x - how to handle PKEY types and Sig Algorithms?

Hello OpenSSL Community,

We are in the process of upgrading the LibPKI project to use the OSSL 3.x instead of the OSSL 1.1.1x that we are using today ... and we can use some help. Specifically, we noticed some inconsistent behavior when porting from the 1.1.1x version and we hope you can help us finding what are we doing wrong and what is the right way of doing things in the new "providers" world :)

The original code, when compiled against the OpenSSL 1.1.1x branch, works correctly... However, with the 3.x version, things do not behave the same way and our applications fail when compiled/linked against it. Our setting is OpenSSL 3.x with the OQS provider installed. The application successfully loads the 'default' provider first, then the 'legacy', and finally the 'oqsprovider' one

Here's some of my initial questions:

The migration to the 3.x has some interesting differences that are quite challenging, thanks everybody for any help you can provide :)

Cheers,
Max

--
Best Regards,