Engine support in OpenSSL 3.0

The next step on our journey to OpenSSL 3.0 is to convert the hostside too.

Am I right in saying that, _provided_ nobody tries to do any configuration of
providers, an existing engine will continue to work as it did in OpenSSL 1.1.1?

We do have a separate ticket to convert our engine to a provider, but I would
very much rather leave that until tomorrow if the engine will still work today
(while accepting that the next LTS release may well _not_ support engines).

--
Martin Bonner (he/him)
Phone: +49 151 5046 3855

Any email and files/attachments transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If this message has been sent to you in error, you must not copy, distribute or disclose of the information it contains. Please notify Entrust immediately and delete the message from your system.