Openssl third party library inclusion help

Hi All,

I am using openssl 1.1.1g version with my own engine code.
Basically, I am trying to load the engine at runtime by changing the configuration file openssl.cnf

For this, I have followed the below approach.
I am compiling my engine which depends on OpenSSL. My engine library generated is libaesengine.so
I am seeing openssl has standards ENGINES_DIR where afalg.so and capi.so engine files are present. My engine is compiled separately with dependency on openssl and the generated library is not present in this engine directory.

on target, i am changing configuration file as below.

openssl_conf = openssl_def

[openssl_def]
engines = engine_section

[engine_section]
aes_engine = store_section

[store_section]
engine_id = aes_engine
dynamic_path = /usr/lib/libaesengine.so

when I am running the command openssl engine, it is giving me the bind_engine symbol not found.

/etc/ssl$ openssl engine
(dynamic) Dynamic engine loading support
1995923552:error:2506406A:lib(37):func(100):reason(106):NA:0:symname(bind_engine): /usr/lib/libaesengine.so.1: undefined symbol: bind_engine

I have searched across many places but could not understand what is missing here.
bind_engine symbol is resolved in afalg engine in openssl. Can someone help me how to link my libaesengine.so file so that I can load it dynamically and bind_engine symbol resolved.

Is it require to edit standard makefile to include my engine as part of openssl build or seperate build with dependency on openssl should work.

Is bind failing because of engine init is not successful.

Any input will be really helpful.

Regards,
Kamal