Migrating to openssl3 and fips

Hi we have an application written using openssl1 and we would like to migrate to openssl3, and we have several questions:

1. Is the compiler smart enough to raise warnings for all usage of deprecated APIs? Do we need to do any exhaustive code walkthrough to look for them?
2. We had been ignoring the warnings via compiler flags (gcc no-deprecated-warnings).  We are wondering if that would still work if we want to use FIPS in openssl3?
3. Do we have to use the new provider method to pick a FIPS provider on openssl3 if we want to use FIPS?  Would that be a problem if we don't want to migrate our deprecated APIs yet and want to continue to ignore the warnings?

Thanks for your help in advance!