Re: UID in subj args - bug?

AH!!!

And why I just hit it with serialNumber....

I am not finding a listing of these field types in the docs.  Can you give me a pointer?

On 7/6/23 11:51, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
On Thu, Jul 06, 2023 at 11:45:57AM -0400, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

I think there is a bug....

I can provide the CSR and cert both in pem.
More likely your CA config file does not specify what do with UID RDNs
when signing CSRs.  The default config file has:

     # A few difference way of specifying how similar the request should look
     # For type CA, the listed attributes must be the same, and the optional
     # and supplied fields are just that :-)
     policy          = policy_match

     # For the CA policy
     [ policy_match ]
     countryName             = match
     stateOrProvinceName     = match
     organizationName        = match
     organizationalUnitName  = optional
     commonName              = supplied
     emailAddress            = optional

     # For the 'anything' policy                                                                                                                                               # At this point in time, you must list all acceptable 'object'
     # types.
     [ policy_anything ]
     countryName             = optional
     stateOrProvinceName     = optional