Re: OpenSSL project is considering to close this mailing list

On 23-03-17 11:04:57, Tomas Mraz wrote:
> Hello all openssl-users mailing list contributors,
>
> as the focus of the OpenSSL users and developers community is now on
> the OpenSSL project GitHub page [1] we are considering closing this
> mailing list. We would like to move to using Issues [2] and Pull
> requests [3] in GitHub to discuss topics and ask questions related to
> using and developing OpenSSL in a single location as this provides
> better tracking and searching and we believe this will help us serve
> our community better.
>
> We would still keep the mailing list read-only so the archives of the
> discussions are not lost.
>
> We are seeking input on this potential change if you are currently
> actively contributing on openssl-users mailing list discussion and you
> believe such a change would substantially reduce your participation in
> the project.
>
> [1] https://github.com/openssl/openssl/ [2]
> https://github.com/openssl/openssl/issues [3]
> https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pulls
>
> Kind regards,
>
> -- Tomáš Mráz, OpenSSL

If you're having to ask, at the most fundamental level it shows a gross
level of misjudgement. Let alone weighing the merits of the proposal in
the first place. The broader context of the proposal is loosely tied to
the subject matter of the list. It is almost offensive to be making such
a proposal without seemingly any thought being put into the proposal.

If you still wish to earn any respect you'd do it without asking. Then
we can see where the quality of support of the library goes from then on
there.

In terms of "reasons" as to why you should or should not, where does one
even begin with listing the pros and cons?