Re: OpenSSL project is considering to close this mailing list

Like others, I think that GitHub's Issues and Pull Requests are a total mismatch for the traffic on this mailing list.

GitHub Discussions would be a less-bad match, though I still think that e-mail is superior.

However, I wanted to address something of a misconception:  that one would have to continually visit GitHub to read any traffic.  That's not the case.  Once you have set up your GitHub account you can go a particular project and "Watch" Issues, Pull Requests, Discussions, et cetera.  Once you do that you get e-mail notification of any new post or comment in the selected areas, and if you send an e-mail reply it will get filed as a comment.  You can sort of treat it as a mailing list.  Not a very good one, but it sort of works.

Again, I think that e-mail is best for this sort of question/answer, discussion format, but it isn't quite email versus not-email... it's e-mail versus mediocre gateway to email.