Re: OpenSSL 1.1.1 Windows dependencies

Hi David,

I just did a check to see what Windows libraries the openssl.exe app
depends on, going back to look in 1.0.2, and looking at the current
development branch (master).

1.0.2:

  ws2_32.lib                                    (cond: no-sock)
  gdi32.lib advapi32.lib crypt32.lib user32.lib
  bufferoverflowu.lib                           (cond: cl version 14+)
  unicows.lib                                   (cond: win32 && -DUNICODE)

master:

  ws2_32.lib                                    (cond: no-sock)
  gdi32.lib advapi32.lib crypt32.lib user32.lib
  bufferoverflowu.lib                           (cond: cl version 14+)

As you can see, it hasn't changed much (the unicows.lib dependency was
there for Win9x compatibility, according to comments).

But, it's quite possible that those libraries have dependencies of
their own that have changed in newer Windows versions.

Let me ask you this: on what Windows version was your application
built?  Common wisdom would be to build on the oldest version...

Cheers,
Richard

--
Richard Levitte         levitte@xxxxxxxxxxx