RE: openssl-users Digest, Vol 95, Issue 24

You don't have to remove the Cygwin version of perl, just change your PATH. This is basic both to the various shells available under Cygwin and to the Windows command line, so I'm getting the impression that you're not very familiar with your operating environment. That's not an ideal place to start from when trying to build, much less use, OpenSSL.

I can't be more detailed because at this point I frankly don't understand what you're trying to do. I suggest you try asking the right question, in a useful manner. (See https://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions for advice in how to ask the right question.)

In particular:

- Why are you trying to build OpenSSL?
- Why did you clone the GitHub repository rather than downloading one of the released source tarballs? Did you read the instructions on www.openssl.org on how to download OpenSSL source releases?
- What platform do you want to build OpenSSL for?
- What toolchain do you want to use, and if that's not the default toolchain for that platform, why aren't you using the default?
- Have you read the text files in the top-level directory of the OpenSSL source distribution?

There may well be an easier way to accomplish whatever your goal is. OpenSSL may not even be a particularly good solution for you. You haven't given us enough information to go on.

--
Michael Wojcik