Re: Best Practices for private key files handling

> On Sep 15, 2022, at 4:27 PM, Michael Wojcik via openssl-users <openssl-users@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The threat model is impersonation, where the legitimate key has been replaced by someone else's key, and the ensuing communication is neither authentic nor private.

The application should refuse to run if it's not finding a valid, sufficiently protected key.

Otherwise, the owners of the system can't claim non-repudiation as to the genuine provenance of communication.

-Philip