I am experimenting

To: openssl-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
I am experimenting with https://github.com/openssl/openssl/archive/refs/heads/master.zip openssl 3.1.0 Source Distribution archive, I built it into a local virtual machine environment (folder). System is debian 11.3 (Bullseye), Local Personal Computer.

This code works:
ls /home/bullseye/test0818/openssl/3.1.0/plain/openssl-master/libssl.so.3 ls /home/bullseye/test0818/openssl/3.1.0/plain/openssl-master/apps/openssl

This code gives error:
/home/bullseye/test0818/openssl/3.1.0/plain/openssl-master/apps/openssl version error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I am trying to learn (or more precisley just trying to get it working without errors) so please excuse my ignorance that may be apparent in this paragraph. My research on internet shows that error is common and is caused by diffrent systems having diffrent libraries or paths to library. So a solution is to define the correct library and correct path to it. But this is suposed to be a local virtual machine environment, Can I put the correct library into the local virtual machine (folder) so the software will not search for it throughout the global system? Or is there a general (all system) fix for this? Another problem is Python 3.10.6 requires a OpenSSL 1.1.1 or newer. Can I link my Python virtual machine to the openssl virtual machine? Your comments are appreciated.