Re: Question About OpenSSL 3.0, FIPS and Solaris Support

The "unadopted" category is not the same as "unsupported".  We'll make an effort but if access to a physical machine is required, we will have to stop.  Whoever reports a problem will like have to assist with fixing it.  Be that by doing builds or writing code.

The platform policy page categories are defined but the OpenSSL project's access to hardware.  We do not have access to Solaris boxes and no community member has offered to help either with support or provision of hardware.  This is why it is in the "unadopted" category.

Oracle, as one of the FIPS project sponsors, was entitled to having platforms validated.

Pauli