Issue with API EVP_PKEY_new_CMAC_key

Hi,

I am getting an issue with EVP_PKEY_new_CMAC_key while using Engine as an argument. It was a negative test case, passed an invalid key length. It hits the error, and when the application exits , it gets a segmentation fault.

From my analysis, the scenario seems like this. When the call happens engine reference count e-funct_ref increases by 1 (CMAC_CTX_new) but when this error occurs it is decreased by 2 (EVP_PKEY_free and CMAC_CTX_free). When the application exits it again tries for EVP_PKEY_free and this issue happens.The call never reaches the engine, as it is an error case.

It seems a bug to me, as one of these EVP_PKEY_free should be avoided. Any analysis on this?

Thanks,
Suji