Re: Compiling OpenSSL shared libraries with custom name on Unix platforms

> From: shivaramakrishna chakravarthula <shivaramakrishna.ch@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Is it possible to compile OpenSSL shared libraries with custom
> names on Linux/ Unix platforms to avoid conflicts with installed
> OpenSSL libraries?

> I have tried to modify the SHLIB_EXT in Configure script but it is
> not working. I am sure it is a common problem and someone in this
> group can help.

If this is just for local testing, I typically build but don't
install.  By changing my paths, I can use the local copy.

If you're sure you have ABI compatibility, could you
manually copy and rename the .so files to /usr/include,
/usr/local/include  or equivalent?