Re: Goodbye

On 03-07-2020 14:51, Salz, Rich via openssl-users wrote:
  • topic: Change some words by accepting PR#12089
  • 4 against, 3 for, no absensions

I am at a loss for words.

I can’t contribute to a project that feels this way.  The OMC (list at [1], a picture of some of them at [2] although it includes non-OMC members) is, in my view, on the wrong side of history. I hope that in time, the four men who voted against it will develop more – what, empathy? – and that sometime in the future this PR [3], or similar, will be merged.  Until then, I will do what I have to in order to insure that Akamai’s needs for FIPS are met and once 3.0 is released, I will be fully applying my modest talents elsewhere.

[1] https://www.openssl.org/community/omc.html

[2] https://www.openssl.org/blog/blog/2019/05/23/f2f-committers-day/

[3] https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/12089

What is next, attack the jing/jang colors or renaming the night from black to colorless?

I think this black/white or master/slave thing is blowing things out of proportion.
Humans have all kind of colors, including colorless and white. And when I think of master/slave, it is just a principle - something is controlling something else. That there was a period where white people controlled the fate of "black" people is a colorless period in human history. Which should not be forgotten, but remembered as a period with lots of wrong doing to other human beings.

I understand that white people should not talk about "negros" or the like, but colorless people think they can still us this awful word. Now, who is dictating who? Don't do/say things you would not have it from others to yourself.

Black is not negative by definition, it is what your mind associate it with.

--- Frans.