Re: building openssl 1.1.1 for Solaris 10

Michael Wojcik wrote:
From: tim.j.culhane@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:tim.j.culhane@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2020 01:25

I ran the gmake  and it fails with the below  ld errors.

Is this the  known issue mentioned previously with building openssl on Sparc
or is it caused by something else?

Undefined first referenced
symbol in file
clock_gettime ./libcrypto.so
It appears that's a known issue with building OpenSSL 1.1.1 on Solaris 10. (I think we haven't run into this in my team because we're now on Solaris 11, but I haven't investigated.)

Quanah Gibson-Mount mentioned this in a reply to your first post in this thread:

They may have run into <https://github.com/openssl/openssl/issues/6333>
which the OpenSSL project seems disinclined to fix.
If you look at that issue, you'll see people have posted workarounds. I believe it's just a matter of linking with an additional library.

--
Michael Wojcik
Distinguished Engineer, Micro Focus

On Solaris 10, you need to link with -lrt to pick up the clock_gettime
functions.  If you do something like "export LDFLAGS='-lrt'" before you
invoke Configure, it should work.

--
Jeff Wieland, UNIX/Network Systems Administrator
Purdue University IT Infrastructure Services UNIX Platforms