De : openssl-users [mailto:openssl-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de
Viktor Dukhovni
Envoyé : lundi 30 mars 2020 23:19
À : openssl-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : Re: Peer certificate verification in verify_callback

[...]

> I set up an X509_STORE object and then cycle through all of the
> certificate files in /etc/ssl/certs/, open them, and call
> PEM_read_X509() to get an X509 (certificate) object and then call
> X509_STORE_add_cert(x509_stor, certificate) to read the certificates
> into  my trusted store, X509_store object.

It would be far simpler to concatenate them into a single CAfile, or use
"c_rehash" to create the symlinks need to make the directory into a
workable CApath.  You should not have to manually load them into your
own store, although doing the latter potentially gives you the
opportunity to decorate them with auxiliary trust EKUs.

> If the user of this CTX is acting as a client and the server presents
> a certificate chain, and my trusted store has the root, the connection
> will work, as the chain is verified and trusted.

[...]

--
    Viktor.