Re: AW: openssl and external card reader support in TLS

Hi Tobias,

On 23/10/19 10:11, Tobias.Wolf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Our PKCS11 module development will discontinue and therefore I can`t use it anymore, but the idea is great and very interesting.
To give more details we need a callback or similar mechanism to replace the signature created in Certificate TLS message with our signature coming from the card reader.

TLS handshake
S: Certificate Request
C: Certificate Verify --> here we want to hook in "Signature" and replace the value!

We tried already with the client callback

int (*client_cert_cb)(SSL *ssl, X509 **x509,
                                                        EVP_PKEY **pkey));

But there it is mandatory to give in the private key which we don`t have, because that part is done by the card reader machine.
I think the caller of the callback is doing later on a rsa sign processing with the private key and there I want to hook in!

writing your own engine might be the easiest thing: the way it currently(most likely) works, is
  openssl -> engine_pkcs11 -> libp11 -> pkcs11 driver

all you'd have to do is move your pkcs11 driver code into a fork of the engine_pkcs11 code. That code is less than 2000 lines long, so it should be fairly straightforward.

JM2CW,

JJK