Re: OpenSSL 3.0 (or 4.0) API goals

> I'm curious if there's any consideration being given to updating
> the API for existing interfaces, and/or checking the APIs of any new
> interfaces for issues that are seen in the current API.

Also replacing all C macros such as those for SSL_CTX_ctrl with proper
external functions.

This will ease use of OpenSSL with languages other than C, where we
currently have to code functions to replace the macros.

Google did this when creating BoringSSL, there may be other similar
'improvements' that could help OpenSSL.

Angus