shared libraries vs test cases

Running LDD on the binaries in test/* shows that they appear to link against
the "system" copies of libssl and libcrypto.

Perhaps something I'm missing is setting up LD_PRELOAD or some such so that
the tests run the local copy of libssl/libcrypto, but I can't find that.
Am I missing something?

This is, I think, making it very difficult for me to bisect a problem.

It seems to me that the test cases ought to be statically linked to make
it easiest to know what code they are running.  (This also makes it slightly
easier to use gdb on them)

]     mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [