Re: openssl 1.1.1 manuals

On 27/12/2018 20:39, Dr. Matthias St. Pierre wrote:
Particularly if you don't know exactly what one is looking for...
{ There is something amiss with BIO_addr_rawaddress... it's shift right.
   I don't see a problem in the HTML source though.. }

Sure, google will find some things, but usually it's the wrong version, and
one has to guess what the URL for the most recent one is.

At which point, like Dennis Clarke suggests, might as well grep the POD files
in the source code.  This is not terribly effective to find information
about how to manipulate particular object types.

(I have started writing an index by object type for my own use, but I doubt
I'll get very far)
The manpages are primarily what the name says: manual pages. I.e, their
primary use is the unix/linux 'man' command.

The conversion to html is an add-on to make it available via web server.
And I agree with you that static web pages are not of much help, it could
be better, more searchable.
Consider at least including the one-line manpage summaries on the index
pages (the ones displayed by the apropos command on POSIX systems).

Enjoy

Jakob