Re: Initialising OpenSSL more than once - how do we handle this?

On 07/30/2018 03:27 PM, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:

The only time such "leaks" come into play is process exit and library
unload.  My advice is to not unload the library and to accept the
fact that a small fixed amount of memory might not be deallocated
at exit.  Typically, even "valgrind" will not report "leaks" for
addresses that are still referenced, so the static allocations
are not a problem.

Spending valuable cycles to eliminate these is not the most productive
use of our time.

How often does a process exit?  Only once.  After a process running for billions of cycles in thousands or millions of loops and whatnot I hardly think the relative few at the end for clean up could remotely be considered "valuable" relative to the total number of cycles executed in life of the process.  Unless you are talking about developer's time and not the processes time.  In which case I still disagree, but it is your time not mine so I won't go there.  I think the forest is being missed for the trees here, but I'm going to bow out as I've said my piece