How can we change the names of the libraries from standard names

In the standard make files published for 1.0.2o

How can we change the name of these files to reflect the architecture(bitness) of the OS.

We would like the 32 bit and 64 bit names to be different.

libeay32.dll

libeay32.lib

ssleay32.dll

ssleay32.lib