Re: Selection of DHE ciphers based on modulus size of DH

Hello,
Thank you all for your responses. I forgot to mention that we are on OpenSSL 1.1.0 and TLS 1.2.
I have some more queries though.

>>Current OpenSSL isn't willing to connect to a server using a DH key size below 1024 bits.
Yes, i have verified this. However, not sure, how my OpenSSL-based client can do this, as our requirement is that we must not use DH key size below 2048 bits.

>> I'm pretty sure that clients can and do refuse to talk to servers with small DH parameters.
Could you please provide some more clues how a client can do so ?

>> However, in TLS 1.3, the FFDHE groups are pre-defined, and the server
>>does not get to choose ad-hoc (p, g) pairs
Yep; i saw them. Here, client plays a role to offer the supported DHE first and then, the server can use that - just like elliptic curve negotiation. But again, one catch is that custom DH groups are no more allowed, for which i didn't find a good reasoning.

Regards,
Sanjaya