Re: Compiling on AIX

I failed to point out that I was test compiling the 1.1.1 version.  I apologize for that omission.

Jerry L

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 12:37 PM, Jerry L <artlemuel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I received an error when compiling on AIX 7.1 using both cc and gcc.  The 'ar' command fails with a message that / is not a valid flag when it tries to create the new archive file.  I changed the ARFLAGS variable to ARFLAGS= -q -X32 in the make file and the archive was created and the object files added.

I am working though some other issues (for test purposes).  Currently we are using 1.0.2n with FIPS so we will not be moving to the new version until after FIPS certification.

My programming knowledge has become somewhat out of date as I now work as a system administrator with little need for programming skills.  So if I am missing something obvious here, please correct me.

Art