Re: SSL alert number 48

Hi,

On 12/12/17 11:06, wizard2010@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi.

Ok, I agree with you that the way I generate the certificates could not be the right one, but now I change the way and the problem remains. Please check the way I'm creating the certificates. I create a ROOT-CA entity and a INTERMEDIATE-CA that is responsible to generate the CLIENT and SERVER certificates. This is the script [ https://pastebin.com/bw6j5AZz ] that I'm using to create this small PKI example

you're changing the game as you go along -- now you want an intermediate CA all of a sudden ;) Still, with the certs you've sent this time I can get it to work, with a minor code change: instead of using
  SSL_CTX_use_certificate_chain_file(...)
I am using
  SSL_CTX_use_certificate_chain_file(ssl_server_ctx, SSL_SERVER_RSA_CERT)

then make sure that RSA_CA_CRT points to root-ca.crt and that SERVER_RSA_CRT points to server.pem, which contains the intermediate CA as a stacked cert; on the client side, use your stacked client.pem file as well. In that case I can connect to your server program using   openssl s_client -connect 127.0.0.1:4444 -CAfile root-ca.crt -cert client.pem -key client.key

HTH,

JJK