Re: Errors when running OpenSSL fipsalgtest.pl

On 09/15/2017 05:35 PM, security veteran wrote:
Hi All:

I was using the fipsalgtest.pl utility for running tests with some input
vectors.

Somehow I ran into the following errors:

Thanks.

The format of the test vectors changes constantly so fipsalgtest.pl needs constant tweaking. Also it is not uncommon for any specific set of test vectors to have errors; they are manually generated from a labor intensive software tool and it's all too easy for the test lab to err even when the current version of the tool isn't buggy (also not uncommon). Each set of test vectors needs to be carefully matched to the specific module.

Figuring our such discrepancies can be a lot of fun (not!). I suggest you start by comparing the test vectors you're trying to process with one of the recent sets at https://www.openssl.com/testing/validation-2.0/testvectors/.

-Steve M.

--
Steve Marquess
OpenSSL Validation Services, Inc.