Re: Default key length of DH/DHE/ECDH/ECDHE

On 24/07/2017 13:35, SaAtomic wrote:
I'm not sure if this question is more suitable for the OpenVPN or the OpenSSl users list.

OpenSSL as the ssl/tls library for OpenVPN offers DH with and without ephemeral keys as well as with or without elliptic curves.

With OpenVPN 2.4.0 and OpenSSL 1.0.2l only ECDHE and DHE are available, but I do not have the option to define a key length,
so I assume OpenSSL's default key length will be used.

What is the default key length of OpenSSL for DH, DHE, ECDH and ECDHE?

For DHE, the key size is set by the group parameters, for
which there is no default other than what the application
(in this case OpenVPN) sets.

Enjoy

Jakob