Re: Build from source; library not found?

Am 19-May-2017 00:36:18 +0200 schrieb openssl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxx:

> hiran.chaudhuri> Now this is interesting. Yes, openssl can find both the libraries
> hiran.chaudhuri> libssl and libcrypto. Would that imply that rpath is only a setting
> hiran.chaudhuri> for application (executables) but not for shared libraries?
> hiran.chaudhuri> In that case the test I tried would be totally meaningless.
>
> Yes, that's correct.

NO, it is not correct, shared libraries also have rpaths for their
own dependencies. And when building OpenSSL for installation in
non-default locations (not /usr/lib and the like) the libraries
should have an rpath.

--
Viktor.

Hi Viktor.

It would sound logical. But how could I then enforce the runpath to be set in the libraries?

Hiran