Re: Problem building Linux shared library with static FIPS capable OpenSSL

>Try a shared build of the FIPS capable OpenSSL. You should then get
>fips_premain_dso built as part of that process. Alternatively just do:
>	make fips_premain_dso
>The fips_premain_dso executable isn't anything special: all it does is load
>the library. It should then print out the signature which can then be embedded
>for the second link step.

Thanks, Steve. With your help I was able to get this to work.

It's sort of hokey process -

1) Run an extra undocumented make step (make fips_premain_dso).
2) Change my target shared library (.so) file to start with "lib".
3) Put the fips_premain_dso program into the directory from which fipsld
   is being run.
4) Rename the target shared library back to its intended name.

But it does work. Problem solved.

Thanks,
Nathan