What happened during compiling openssl?

Dear openssl developers,

I modified openssl library to use my own static library which has global variables.
When I run make then I can see some errors like ./libcrypto.so: undefined reference to my_own_function and making static libraries is failed, but the shared libraries are compiled successfully.
Finally, there is no issue to use the compiled shared library in my another application.
The problem occurs when I link my static library to resolve the undefined error. The shared libraries and static libraries are compiled successfully, but when I use the shared libraries in my application, addresses of the global variables are different.
For example, if the address of global variable 'A' in my application is 0x1234 then the address of the 'A' in the shared library is 0xABCD.
Why does this situation happen? Thanks for your helps in advance.