Fwd: CONGRATULATION____REF#87670

Key Fact: Not all e-mail is sent by or through 800 pound
gorilla providers such as Google.

Many organizations and businesses (including the OpenSSL
project) run their own e-mail servers and simply don't
have the manpower to track and implement every new
"anti-spam flagging" fad that comes along.

For example SMTP2SMTP encryption (aka SMTP with STARTTLS
and various configuration option choices) is default in
some MTA implementations, yet nearly impossible to add
in others.

Therefore setting up rules banning any domains not
implementing the latest "standard" anti-spam measures
would be extremely stifling and would force many more
people to send through surveillance-happy organizations
such as Google.

And anyway, this seems to be a case where the genuine
operator of an e-mail domain is failing to correctly
authenticate submissions by their own users, which no
amount of 3rd party automation (other than blacklisting
the failing provider, in this case gmail) could stop.