Re: Can we reset CSI u mode on client disconnect? via

There are many control codes that could be handled like this, but the logic of “reverting” something is not that simple.
What if you have ssh session with a terminal that sends this, then another inside of the first one that also sends it? One solution would be for each SSH to convert everything, the other would be to somehow reliably do a refcount… then what about a screen that gets detached and reattached inside SSH? What about having an output redirected to a terminal that didn’t receive the initial sequence?
IMO it’s safer to not handle it at all and if something breaks you can usually just “reset”.

Jan