Re: Feature request/EOI: Match interactive config?

On 04.05.24 04:16, openssh@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Basically, we want RemoteCommand to be turned on for interactive
sessions, but ignore it when we've already specified a command
as part of the client invocation.

... the fact that you don't get that out of the box *already* should certainly confuse a lot of users, given the first lines of https://man.openbsd.org/ssh_config ...

(Yes, it says "options", not "parameters", but.)

Although my use case is for client-side, I guess it may also make
sense in sshd_config. I can imagine cases where sysadmins would
want to present different behavior depending on whether a client
is coming in interactively or running a command.

The server side could, I guess, ForceCommand a small wrapper that checks $SSH_ORIGINAL_COMMAND (and whether a controlling tty is present) and exec()s an appropriately chosen command.

Kind regards,
--
Jochen Bern
Systemingenieur