Re: PrivateKeyCommand config idea

The problem with those IDEs (IDEA, XCode…) is that they use their own implementationand rarely even listen to whatever little settings they could understand in ~/.ssh/config.
So even if you “fake” the right key type for them (which you can btw using Resident keys), they won’t ever use the physical security key anyway and either completely ignore it or throw an error.
The right solution is to force those vendors to get in line and use standard tools which are not dependent on what they decided to implement 10 years ago when they discovered pubkeys instead of passwords (yes, there was a time when even having pubkey support was a luxury and the IDE kept asking you for a password).

Jan