Re: Is OpenSSH known to be less stable on Windows?

If this is the native version of openssh (github.com/PowerShell/open-ssh-portable) then it includes a pretty extensive win32 compatibility layer. That may be the source of the problem. You may want to post an issue request there as they'll be in a place to do something about it. If you can build off of the git, using VS, the version at the head of the git repo is based on 9.4p1 rather than, I think 8.7p1 so there might be some fixes in it.

The person maintaining that repo seems to be relatively responsive.

Chris