Re: OpenSSH FIPS support

I know that the fedora package for OpenSSH enables FIPS support. If you get the source code for the rpm you'll see openssh-7.7p1-fips.patch in the rpmbuild/SOURCE directory.

Also, you may want to look at hpnssh (That's my fork of OpenSSH so I am biased but I think it's pretty good). https://psc.edu/hpn-ssh-home/ and https://github.com/rapier1/openssh-portable. The latest version uses OSSL3 and there is a fedora package which is based on the fedora OpenSSH package. So it includes all of their patches as well.

You can find that at https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/rapier1/hpnssh/ or you can add it to your package repo with 'sudo dnf copr enable rapier1/hpnssh' and then download the source or binary via DNF. You can review the FIPS compliance there and see what you thing.

If you are on debian I don't have a debian package that include FIPS support but it may be possible to use the fedora package and compile it under debian. I've never tried though.

Chris