Is there any way in the ssh config file to shorten the "hostname's password" request?

I have an ssh login on a hosting service where the hostname of the
system I log onto is ridiculously long:-

    qnhjuc5h8w3s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So when I connect I get a very long "<name>'s password:" which I find
rather distracting, not to mention that it doesn't really tell me what
I'm logging into.

I know I can set alternative (shorter) host names by using 'Host'
sections in my ssh config file so that I can 'ssh <shorter name> to
connect but is there any way of adding alias 'HostName' entries?

I know I could add shorter names to /etc/hosts but this would only
work where I have root access and is less easy to manage.  I have a
common/shared ssh config file that I use across most of my systems and
thus a change to that would be the nicest way to do it, if it's
possible.

--
Chris Green