Re: Looking for Special Challenge-Response Auth PAM Module, or Similar

On 8/23/22 22:11, Demi Marie Obenour wrote:

- It seems that you are trying to prevent your customer (who presumably
   owns the product) from being able to log in to their own devices.
   Generally, this is considered rather consumer-unfriendly, so I
   would like to know what the underlying reason for it is.

I have to second  on this, as it's been my experience so far that vendors who try to lock customers out of systems are either trying to hide some seriously weak system builds, or some shady ethical/technical practices the customer would veto if they could see them or knew about them.  I'm fighting this in my workplace all the time, as we have systems that (if they fail or are compromised) will cause human harm, and that's just not a negotiable item for us any more.

--
# include <stddisclaimer.h>
/* Kevin Brott <Kevin.Brott@xxxxxxxxx> */